Tuesday, November 25, 2008

All is Right with the World

I RECOMMEND READING YESTERDAY'S ENTRY BEFORE YOU READ THIS ONE - JUST SO IT WILL MAKE SENSE!

I arrived home last night, and had barely gotten through the door when I was greeted by my baby jumping into my arms and layering me with kisses! Seems like someone else was also bothered by the morning's episode. :)

Paul & I agreed that from now on, I'd get my goodbye kiss as we were leaving the house rather than once we get to school.

But...with the usual morning rush, we forgot our new ritual on Day 1. We were half way to school, waiting for the light to turn green so I could enter the schoolyard, when I remembered.

"Hurry and kiss me goodbye Paul, before anyone sees."

He obliged.

"Were you or your friends making fun of someone that gave their Mom a kiss, and that's why you don't want them to see you?"

"Nope."

"Then why don't you want them to see you kissing me?"

"Don't you watch movies, Mom? Kids make fun of their friends all the time for it!"

I guess he's just trying to avoid the situation before it even becomes one! I can deal with that - As long as I still get my kisses.

No comments: